Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wow, it's been longer than I thought since I've posted on this site. ... No worries, I haven't stopped working out. I've just been busy (or lazy for writing). I actually had a good leg workout this morning. We left the kids with the neighbor and jogged to the gym (1/2 mile). After an additional 10min on the elliptical we proceeded to work legs. The trainer introduced walking lunges with weight today... ouch.

We've had some pretty good workouts since my last post. A good mix (I think) of upper and lower body. I can feel myself getting stronger and can see that I'm able to do more weight even in the short time that we've been doing this. I think we still need to work the abs a bit harder though.

We met with the nutritionist two weeks ago (maybe it was three). He explained that we need to be eating carbs earlier in the day and proteins later in the day. The theory is that your muscles need the energy during the day and the protein at night to rebuild your muscles. I never really thought of it that way before. He also discussed the obvious regarding eating less calories than you burn to lose weight. For me, I should be eating 1800 per day and my wife 1600. Women always get the short end of allowed calories. :) We have charted our daily diet for one week. Now we need to schedule another appointment to review it and set a guideline for a menu.

In between gym visits I have homework. I am supposed to be doing pushups and situps, which I occasionally actually do.

So it seems that my theory about meeting with a trainer once a week is working so far. I don't think that I would be motivated to continue going to the gym as regularly as I am if I didn't have sessions scheduled with a trainer. I know that if I don't go in between sessions I will pay for it when I do go.

No comments:

Post a Comment