Monday, November 22, 2010

Ok, so I haven't posted in over a year now. :) The good news is that I've been more committed to the gym than I have to this blog.

I continued going to the gym and felt pretty good fitness wise going into last ski season. I had a few good ski trips and was looking forward to a trip to Colorado and maybe even playing soccer in the spring. However, I had a ski accident on March 3rd of 2010 and tore my left ACL along with both MCLs. Gym time was over for a while.

Being ever optimistic, I went to Colorado in April and bought some new skis. We even visited Aspen and Vail while there. I think it was more painful to watch people ski, while I was standing at the bottom of the hill on crutches, than it was to tear my ACL. When we got home I placed the new skis in my office for motivation. I was forced to stare at them every day.

I spent the spring and summer rehabbing my knees. This actually worked out well for my fitness. I feel even more fit now than I did last year. I've lost around 20 pounds since last year (I'm weighing between 170-175 now). In addition to physical therapy two time per week, I continued to go to the gym as often as possible and see the personal trainer once per week.

This fall both my kids were playing soccer, so I volunteered to coach my daughter's team. This was also helpful as I would run with the kids during practice. Additionally, I would work out on my own while my son was practicing. I can now run, sprint, and kick the ball with both legs. There's still a little pain, but it's not too bad.

So, that's the quick summary of the last year. More to come, as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment