Thursday, August 27, 2009

8/25 - The Second Training Session

On Tuesday we had our second training session. I wasn't quite sure what to expect this time. I was wondering if we would continue to work shoulders or if he would just go onto something completely different. ... We went onto something completely different.
For the second training session we worked biceps and triceps (and abs, of course). First we concentrated on biceps, then moved onto triceps. Always doing three sets of each exercises. That's what kills me, I'm always ready to move on after two sets. After sufficiently numbing the upper arms we moved onto abs. Abs consist of sit ups with a medicine ball, then incline sit ups (still with the medicine ball), then crunches on a machine. This time, I guess since we were working bi's and tri's he through in some push ups in between the sit ups. I normally don't mind doing a few push ups, but try doing them after you've just worked your upper arms. They become extremely difficult. It was a good workout.
The next day I could really feel it. My arms won't straighten out now. I have to keep trying to stretch them. Since I work with computers all day this becomes increasingly difficult because my arms are naturally bent to a 90 degree angle to type. So I had to keep taking a break to try to straighten my arms. Then once I got them to feel good, I would return to typing and they would tighten up again. I skipped the gym on Wednesday. I didn't really intend to, it just worked out that way. I probably should have done some push ups to try to loosen my arms a bit, but I didn't do that either. Now I really need to visit today and get this worked out because it's kind of driving me crazy. :)
I keep reminding myself that this was voluntary and that it will be worth it in a few months when I'm on the ski slope. ... Keep moving forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment