Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day Two and Three

OK, Day three in the title is a little bit of a misnomer as I took the day off. But we'll get back to that in a bit. I did make it back to the gym for day two, which I feel was very important considering I could barely move my arms. The intention for day two was to work legs and a little abs. I jogged over to the gym for my warmup. That worked well especially considering the the temperature. I had a sweat going by the end of the half-mile run.
When I got to the gym, my trainer was sitting up front so I got a chance to chat with him for a minute. He had drawn up a leg workout plan for me, as promised. I took the sheet and proceeded to the machines to start leg curls. Turns out the suggested weight was a little low, so I ended up doing a few more reps, then uped the weight 10 pounds to compensate. After leg extensions and curls it was onto some no-weight exercises. He had me do a superset of lunges, calf raises, and wall squats. The wall squats are a great excercise!!! They produced a burn that I still feel two days later. :) After legs I did a little ab work, as I promised myself. Then walked back home. The walk home was a good cooldown.
As I said earlier, the third day was a day off. My arms were still killing me, my stomach was hurting and I didn't want to work my legs two days in a row. I did do a few pushups to work my shoulders out a little bit. That did help a little, I think.
Today I'm feeling better. My arms and legs (and abs) still feel the workout, but it's more of a normal pain as opposed to just hurting. The plan is to go back tonight and work out with Zlatka, but the gym is only open until 7:00 tonight and it's already 5:00 (and raining). Not sure if we're going to make it. Also, I'm not sure if the child care is open. If we go we would need to take the kids. If we don't make it we're going to have to do some work at home. Hmmm, that'll be interesting. .. Ok, that's all for now. .. More later. ...
... Well, we didn't make it to the gym. Child care on the weekends is only from 9-12, UGH!! Anyway, I grabbed some household items (a couple of ketchup bottles) and did some reps of the shoulder work that we did the other day. That worked out pretty well. Added in some pushups and situps to round it out. The important thing right now is to keep working my muscles so that they know they're going to be getting used. :) The more I can tear them down now, the more they will be repairing and building. The shoulder group is one that I haven't had to use in quite a while. There's not a whole lot of shoulder work in typing on a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment